What will you learn in this course?
The focus of this degree is to apply the core psychological material of research methods, cognitive, social, developmental, personality and biological psychology to real life examples. You will cover forensic, counselling and health psychology.
The below listed entry requirements are guidelines for entry into African Leadership College (ALC) prior to completion of the Leadership Core. Students can enter into any of the GCU degree programmes with an A-level equivalent in Math & Science and at least a Level 2 on completion of the Leadership Core.
– SQA Higher: AABB plus English and Maths at Nat 5
– A level: ABB plus GCSE English and Maths at C
– ILC Higher: A1 B2 B2 B2 B2 including English and Maths at minimum A in Ordinary Level
– IB Diploma: 28 points
– Btech Level 3 Extended Diploma: DDM in relevant subject
– College: Access to Humanities/Science at BBB; HNCScience/Social Science with a B in the Graded Unit
SCQF Level 7:
– Foundations in Psychology
SCQF Level 8:
– Applied Psychology
– Introduction to research in psychology
– The person in a social context
– Political and environmental issues in psychology
– Introduction to biological, cognitive, and developmental psychology
SCQF Level 9:
– Applying research methods in psychology
– Applied human cognition
– Physiology of behaviour
– Personality and individual differences
– Social psychology
SCQF Level 10:
– Developmental science and applied contexts
– Counselling psychology
– Health psychology
– Work based learning in psychology
– Forensic psychology
*SCQF = Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework.